Saturday, January 15, 2011

Crayons & Love

Life is like a box of crayons. Most people are the 8-color boxes, but what you're really looking for are the 64-color boxes with the sharpeners on the back...so when I meet someone who's an 8-color type.. I'm like, "hey girl, magenta!" and she's like, "oh, you mean purple!" and she goes off on her purple thing, and I'm like, "no - I want magenta!"”- John Mayer
I’ve only met a handful of magenta people. I’ve been lucky that most of them have stuck around and become some of my best friends. Once you find a magenta, it’s really hard to let them escape back into the 8-color world. It’s like when your favorite crayon rolls under the cabinet where you can’t get it- you can try to use yellow instead of goldenrod, but your picture is never quite the same.
I feel like my favorite crayon has rolled under the cabinet. I tried and tried to get it back, but I think it’s time to accept that it’s just lost. You can’t keep holding out for a certain color, or your picture will never be finished. So for now I think I’ll move on to a different part of my picture. Work on a nice robin’s egg blue sky, perhaps. Eventually maybe I’ll find a way to get the goldenrod back; maybe someone will move that cabinet. Or maybe I’ll find a substitute for goldenrod- macaroni n’ cheese, possibly. Not necessarily better, just different.
So here’s to working on a different part of my picture. For the time being anyway.
I hope you all have a Tickle Me Pink day!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Crayola_crayon_colors

No comments:

Post a Comment